Your Hinckley BID is working hard with plans to drive footfall back into the Town centre once our non-essential shops (and the BID Office) re-open on April 12th, and then to support our licenced trade who we expect will be really busy from June 21st.
During the covid pandemic we have done our very best to support all of our BID Member businesses in many ways – and this will continue as we continue to make plans to drive footfall into Hinckley Town centre. These plans include 25 Events organised either by ourselves or by/with Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council between July 1st and Christmas.
The attached Document provides an easy-read re-opening Roadmap for all types of business.
During the pandemic we have received applications for an additional 200+ BID Loyalty cards taking the total issued to 8,300+. There are some 70 Town centre businesses currently making an Offer and if you would like to join them please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no BID charge.
An ‘Offer’ could be a discount, a 2-for-1 or anything specific so that the cardholder feels that their Loyalty is rewarded.
What are the advantages to you?
- Your Offer will be sent to nearly 14,000 local people who have already signed up
- Your Offer will be included on your existing entry within the Hinckley BID website
- Your Offer can be withdrawn or altered instantly by us within a working day
- Your Offer can apply to every day, or just certain days of the week to suit you
You will be aware from past reports in the press and through the media that our Town centre Events are really well attended so you may decide to open on a few Sundays to take advantage of the higher footfall. In particular, our Town centre Motorshow on Sunday September 19th this year is likely to once again bring more than 20,000 people into the Town centre – many of them families (and not all are motoring enthusiasts, so some family members go shopping…).
Both HBBC and Hinckley BID Events planned for 2021 are listed here and all Events are held on Castle St/ Market Place unless otherwise mentioned.
- Saturday 26th – Armed Forces Day (Castle Street) 10.45am – 12pm
- Saturday 3rd – Music in the Mead – The Misterons (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Wednesday 14th – Hinckley BID Summer of Fun 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Thursday 15th – Hinckley BID Classic Vehicle Meet (Market Place) 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Wednesday 21st – Hinckley BID Summer of Fun 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Saturday 24th – Music in the Mead – Sam Southall (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Wednesday 28th – Hinckley BID Summer of Fun 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Saturday 31st Music in the Mead – Accoustic Mike (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Wednesday 4th to Friday 6th – Snapdragon (Argents Mead) 11am – 3pm
- Saturday 7th & Sunday 8th – Feast Hinckley (with BID sponsored inflatable for family fun) (Argents Mead) (Times TBA)
- Wednesday 11th – Hinckley BID Summer of Fun 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Saturday 14th – Music in the Mead – Steve Faulkner (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Wednesday 18th – Hinckley BID Summer of Fun 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Thursday 19th – Hinckley BID Classic Vehicle Meet (Market Place) 5.30pm – 8.30pm
- Saturday 21st – Music in the Mead – Out of Gas (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Saturday 28th – Music in the Mead – Supersonic 90s (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Saturday 4th – Proms in the Park (Hollycroft Park) 5.30pm – 9pm
- Saturday 11th and Sunday 12th – Heritage Events 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Saturday 18th and Sunday 19th – Heritage Events 10.30am – 3.30pm
- Saturday 11th – Music in the Mead - 4th Avenue (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Saturday 18th – Music in the Mead – Tuxedo Junction (Argents Mead) 1pm – 3pm
- Sunday 19th – Hinckley BID Motorshow 10.00am – 4.30pm
- Mon 18th to Sat 23rd – Hinckley BID ‘Shop-Hinckley Event’ and ‘Treasure Hunt’ 9am to 5pm daily
- Saturday 30th – Spooktacular (Castle Street) 10am – 3pm
- Sunday 14th – Remembrance Sunday (Memorial Ground) 10.30 – 11.30am
- Friday 19th – Christmas Lights Switch-on and Tin Hat Fair 4pm – 8.30pm
- Saturday 20th – Tin Hat Fair 4pm – 8.30pm
- Wednesday 1st – Christmas Lights Car Trail (Castle & Regent St) 6pm – 8pm
- Sunday 5th – Hinckley BID and HBBC Festive Fun Run 10.45am – 12.30pm
- Friday 10th – Carols around the tree (Market Place) 4pm – 5pm
In getting ready for non-essential businesses to re-open, we will be in touch shortly with all those businesses who have one of our Radio-Link radios to check that the battery is charged up and that it is working well. Reporting direct to CCTV and monitored by on-duty Police Officers as well as the BID Office, this ongoing scheme has been very effective in helping to catch shoplifters and reporting other issues.