Grade 3, £18,426 up to £19,554 per annum
37 hours per week, permanent contract, shared works van provided
HBBC has a position for an External Painting Operative.
They require a motivated individual to be part of an external painting team based within our in-house Housing Repairs department.
You will carry out external painting to council owned properties in accordance with our agreed procedures and defined standards and also internal decoration works.
Other duties may include:
- Erect working platform or scaffolding up to five metres in height
- Prepare surfaces by cleaning, sanding and filling cracks and holes with appropriate filler
- Apply and smooth one or more coats of plaster and produce a finished surface, using hand tools or mechanical spray
- Measure, cut, install and secure plaster board and/or ornamental plasterwork to walls and ceilings
- Apply primer, undercoat and finishing coat(s) using brush, roller, or spray equipment
A shared works van will be provided to travel between works.
For an informal discussion about this exciting opportunity please call Ged Hickey, Housing Repairs Operations Manager on 01455 255705.
To apply online go to www.hinckley-bosworth.gov.uk or for an application pack call 01455 255679 quoting reference: C524.
A CV will not be accepted, however, supporting documents should be brought to interview.
Applications for this position will expire on 15th October 2019.