A number of businesses have contacted us to check if they are included in this new mandatory legislation, so we have carried out some research and are pleased to advise as below.
The businesses who are required to comply are:
- Restaurants, including restaurants and dining rooms in hotels or members’ clubs
- Cafes, including workplace canteens
- Bars, including bars in hotels or members’ clubs
- Public houses
Leisure and Tourism:
- Amusement arcades
- Art fairs
- Betting and bingo halls
- Clubs providing team sporting activities
- Facilities for use by elite and professional sportspeople (including sports stadia)
- Heritage locations and attractions open to the public (including castles, stately homes and other historic houses)
- Hotels and other guest accommodation provided on a commercial basis, including in bed and breakfast accommodation, boats, campsites, caravans, chalets, guest houses, holiday parks, hostels, motels, pubs, sleeper trains and yurts
- Indoor sport and leisure centres
- Outdoor swimming pools and lidos
- Museums and galleries
- Music recording studios open for public hire or other public use
- Public libraries
Close contact services:
- beauticians (including those providing cosmetic, aesthetic and wellness treatments)
- Dress fitters, tailors and fashion designers
- Nail bars and salons
- Skin and body piercing services
- Sports and massage therapists
Local authority run services:
- Community centres
- Youth and community centres
- Village halls
This requirement does not apply where services are taken off-site immediately, for example, a food or drink premises which only provides takeaways.
If a business offers a mixture of a sit-down and takeaway service, contact information only needs to be collected for customers who are consuming food/drink on the premises.
This also includes areas of outside adjacent seating.
Please remember that in all cases customers and staff MUST wear masks (customers can remove them when seated) and only Table Service is allowed.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.