Hinckley & Rugby Building Society is one of the town's oldest businesses, having been founded in Castle Street in 1865 as the Hinckley Freehold Land and Permanent Building Society.
Very few institutions have been in existence for quite so long and this remarkable feat has only been possible due to the loyal and unwavering support of its members.
The Hinckley & Rugby as it is known today was formed in 1983 by merger with the Rugby Provident Building Society, established in 1861.
A top 20 society, Hinckley & Rugby has total assets of more than £799 million and over 50,000 savers. In addition, it has over 8,000 borrowers who are also benefiting from the Society’s success. The Society is committed to providing an extensive range of competitive savings accounts and mortgage schemes and to providing the highest standards of customer service.
With 8 branches and 4 agencies, Hinckley & Rugby is not only represented in some of the towns and cities of the East and West Midlands, but it is also strongly committed to having outlets in smaller village communities, where it is often the only financial services provider for miles around.
The Society is proud of its pioneering volunteer scheme ‘Community First’ which gives staff up to three days’ paid leave each year to get involved in volunteering projects of their choice.