The Hinckley Business Improvement District (Hinckley BID) is delighted to announce the start of its fourth five-year term next year, following a successful ballot result.
Hinckley BID is part of a national movement where businesses in a local area vote to pool their resources and support a range of initiatives designed to help their businesses to be more successful. In the Hinckley BID’s ballot, 74% of the votes were in favour of a further five-year term.
The BID team report to the Hinckley Town Centre Partnership Ltd (HTCP) whose unremunerated board of directors include senior representatives from Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council as well as a wide range of local businesses and the voluntary sector. Hinckley BID has worked hard over the past 14 ½ years to showcase all that Hinckley town centre has to offer, as well as to actively promote 400+ BID member businesses through dedicated pages on their BID website.
Annual events organised by the BID include the largest Midlands town centre Motorshow, annual pancake race, a hugely popular Soapbox Derby, a Summer of Fun programme of entertainment and a festive opportunity to meet Santa and lots more. This is in addition to the daily promotion of members’ news and events on social media. In addition, Hinckley BID also provides:
- Free town centre wifi for visitors
- Free Radio-Link scheme where key retailers and hostelries can immediately connect with the Police and CCTV. Valuable evidence from these sources have led to arrests, and stolen goods being recovered
- Free weekly recycling bags and collections for more than 100 small businesses
- A free individually numbered ‘loyalty card’ for anyone who applies. To-date 11,393 have been issued. More than 50 town centre businesses are currently making an offer to loyalty card holders
- Free town centre Geo-sense footfall monitors which monitor and records footfall data month by month, and area by area
- A free monthly BID ‘Buzz’ eNewsletter which is sent by email to 14,000 individuals and businesses
Steve Wegerif, BID Director said: “I am absolutely delighted that we have been re-elected for another five years and would like to thank our member businesses for their support. The success is testament to the dedication and hard work of the BID team, the HTCP Board and other stakeholders. It also highlights how working in partnership in these financially hard times is essential and we look forward to continuing to promote the wide and diverse range of Hinckley businesses and all that they have to offer”.
Hinckley & Bosworth Borough Council, Chief Executive Bill Cullen said: “This is a resounding thumbs up from Hinckley businesses. It recognises the great work the BID team undertake in partnership with other local organisations such as the council to promote the town and drive business to the area. I look forward to continuing to work with them and supporting our local town centre – congratulations.”