As many more businesses prepare to open their doors from Monday, 12th April, we are pleased to share with you some useful information just published by HBBC.
This checklist will help guide you through some good practice preparations for reopening to the public safely.
The key messages here are:
- Complete a COVID-19 risk assessment (GOV.UK)
- Clean more often, consider ventilation and offer hand sanitiser (GOV.UK)
- Insist staff and customers to stay at home and get tested if they have COVID-19 symptoms (GOV.UK)
- Remind your customers and staff to wear face coverings and social distance from each other
- Put up signs and consider a one-way system
- Urge staff to get tested weekly. Book online (leicestershire.gov.uk)
- Or call 0116 305 2499 to get tested
- Consider mental health and wellbeing (GOV.UK)
From 12th April, outdoor hospitality can reopen as part of the step 2 of the roadmap out of lockdown. Some additional information for those businesses can be found at this link.
The key message here is as follows:
- There will be no restrictions on opening hours (other than any specific planning or licensing restrictions that may apply) and for sale of alcohol
- There is no requirement for your customers to purchase a substantial meal with a drink
- Outdoor service only (this means that any structure must be at least 50% open to the air)
- Table service only (for ordering, consumption and payment)
- Maximum number of two households or up to six people from different households
- Social distancing requirements will apply (2 metres or reduction to 1 metre with mitigation)
- Customers to wear face covering when passing through permitted indoor areas such as to access toilets
The BID office will reopen fully from this date too and we are always on hand to deal with any questions or concerns you might have.
- - -
We are available 7 days a week during the Covid Pandemic.