On Sunday, 16 September, petrol heads and classic vehicle enthusiasts descended on the town centre for our Hinckley BID 8th Annual Motorshow.
A record 27,000 people turned out for the packed event with over 800 vehicles on show, of all marques and stripes. We are pleased to say that these numbers broke all previous records! In addition to beautifully restored and maintained classic vehicles, there were many others of special interest, including a DeLorean and McLaren. Even a steam roller and some lovely vintage tractors.
Judging from the number of phone calls and messages on our social media, everyone had a great time! Steve Wegerif and Martina Smullen at Hinckley BID would like to thank the businesses of Hinckley for enabling the show to take place, and also a huge thank you to all of our valued volunteers and support staff who work really hard to make the day possible.
A panel of independent judges scoured the show throughout the morning to identify the most remarkable entries and identify the most worthy winners. It was not an easy task, but the final list of winners was as follows:
Best Car in Show
- First Place: Barry Chipman, Ashby-de-la-Zouche - Mini Cooper S
- Second Place: Paul Claricoates, Leicester - Austin 7 Special
- Third Place: Malcolm Davis, Burton-on-Trent - MG B
Best Scooter in Show
- Lionel Moreton, Newbold Verdon - Lambretta
Best Motorbike in Show
- David Sketchley, Coventry - Triumph Hurricane
Special Vehicle Award
- Dave Corbett, Hinckley - Steam Roller
Special Award (Judge’s Discretion)
- Dave Taylor, Syston - Morris Commercial (Lorry)
Best Turned Out Driver/Crew
- Stephen Shier and Louise Hamilton, Bulkington - Dodge Coronet
Well done and congratulations to all of the winners! Also, a big thank you to everyone who entered vehicles and those who simply came along to enjoy the day. We are grateful for your support.
A provisional date for the BID’s 9th Annual Motorshow next year is Sunday, 15th September 2019. Please check back on our website for updates and lots of details about other FREE events.